- The Wild Boar Chase IS NOT A RACE or a trial of speed but a personal challenge.
- The entry fee is non-refundable and entries are not transferable.
- All riders must sign-on at the event control centre before starting the ride. Opening times and location for signing on will be advised prior to the event.
- All riders must report to the finish, even if they retire. If you don’t you may be liable for search and rescue costs.
- Riders must ensure their bike is clean and mud free before arrival at the start venue. This is to prevent the transfer of known woodland diseases into the Forest of Dean. Please note: there are bike wash facilities at Pedalabikeaway.
- Pass or overtake walkers and equestrians slowly and courteously, and aim to cause no damage to the environment.
- Ride in a manner that does not compromise the safety of other road and trail users.
- Be courteous to other road and trail users.
- Give way to horse riders and pedestrians where appropriate.
Riders must not wear music headphones on the event for safety reasons.
- Riders will offer assistance to other riders who are injured or in danger.
- Riders will respect the marshals – they are volunteers and we need their continued support.
- Riders must ride sensibly and within their abilities.
- Obey all rules of the public highway.
- Riders may encounter closed gates and public roads.
- Close gates on public rights of way.
- Respect land owners and authorities, their property and live stock.
Additional Rules for The Humbug Chase
The Humbug Chase IS NOT A RACE or a trial of speed but a personal challenge.
Riders must be accompanied by an adult.
An adult can supervise up to 3 riders
Obey any instructions issued by the guide riders form the Royal Forest of Dean Cycle Club.
What to Bring
A bike in good working order
A hard shell helmet (no helmet, no ride!)
Appropriate clothing for the conditions on the day.
Terms and Conditions
- I accept and agree that neither the organisers nor the officials, the landowner, sponsors or fellow participants shall be liable in any way or circumstances for any damage, injury or loss to me/my party that may occur in connection with, or as a result of, taking part in the event. I will abide by the rules of the event and agree that I participate in the event entirely at my own risk; and I am of sound mind and body, that I will ride within my capabilities and that the bike I will ride is in good working order and properly maintained.
- If I am under 18 on the day of the event a Parent or Guardian must read these Terms and Conditions and sign and accept them on my behalf.
- I understand that the entry fee is not refundable.
- I understand and accept that the wearing of shell helmets complying to CE standards EN 1078 is mandatory.
- I understand and accept that the the event is not a race or a trial of speed but a personal challenge. I do not have priority over other road or off road users. I will ride sensibly and legally at all times and with consideration to other riders and all other users of the Forest. I understand that the Forest of Dean woodland is also used by walkers, horse riders, and families with small children and dogs.
- I understand that I will be out of mobile phone contact at times due to the nature of the countryside and I will be faced with natural hazards which do not have marshalls overseeing them. I understand that I am not riding on a man made course where hazards have been managed or ironed out. I am fit and healthy and I understand that I need to be fit and healthy to take part in this event.
- I understand and accept that if I do not abide by these Terms and Conditions that the organisers will have the right to remove me from the event, and that my participation in future Forest of Dean MTB events may be jeopardised.